In this blog post, you will be able to learn how to make Apple Cake the Italian way. You could learn how to bake an Apple Cake just like we make it at Basil Ts. And you will be glad to know that making this Apple cake recipe is pretty simple. You will be able to do this as long as you have got the ingredients available and you have access to an oven. Getting the ingredients for this authentic Italian-style dessert is also pretty easy because you should have no trouble at all finding these ingredients at any supermarket nearby. This apple cake recipe will make a great dessert dish for the fall season!
The whole recipe that you can follow in this post will produce around two Apple cakes. So you should be able to feed around 4 to 5 people per cake that you produce. If you would like to increase or decrease the amount of apple cake that you can make with this recipe, you should adjust a number of the ingredients that you use accordingly. Speaking of ingredients, you will need the following to make the Apple Cake.
You will first need some flour, so measure about six cups of this. You can use any kind of flour that you would like, though it would be best to use white all-purpose flour.
Next get around 2 teaspoons of baking soda and around half a teaspoon of salt.
To add some flavor to the cake that you are baking, you will also need around 2 teaspoons of cinnamon as well. Do not add too much cinnamon, since a little can go a long way.
Other ingredients that you will are 6 eggs, 4 cups of sugar, 3 cups of oil, 4 teaspoons of walnut. To make the glaze of the cake, you will also need some brown sugar and half a cup of milk. Bring along some butter for the glaze as well.
For the actual cake, the main ingredients that you will need are around 10 pieces of apples and around 2 cups of walnuts to add some texture to your cake.
Steps to bake the Apple cake:
- You will need to get your oven ready and preheat it to around 325 F.
- Take your eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla and mix them in a bowl until they are combined evenly.
- After you have mixed all of these wet ingredients together, you can then add the dry ingredients next. This will include the baking soda, flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
- When the mixture has reached a sticky consistency, you can then add the chopped apples and walnuts into the mixture.
- Get a pan and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. You will need to pour in your cake mixture into the pan and leave it in the oven for around an hour.
- To prepare the cake glaze, mix the brown sugar, milk, and butter into a pan until it is melted.
- After the cake has been finished baking after an hour and 15 minutes, you can then pour the finished cake glaze over your apple cake.